1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please note that most notices can be dismissed permanently by clicking the "X" in the top right of the notices. If there is no X, it cannot be dismissed. This notice can be dismissed, try it out!!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guests may use the support tickets navigation tab to request help if they for whatever reason cannot register to the forums.

In your ticket, submit the forum username you have/want, the email you have/want, and the issue in clear detail.

In addition, when registering, ALWAYS ensure you register with your Byond key/name.

4. The forum rules have been updated and will now be enforced instead of the old set.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Server Status:

Server UP!!!
    byond://game.yogstation.net:4133

Server Stuck and need a reboot? Send an email to Yogstation13bot and the council will try and respond ASAP.
    Alternatively, email [email protected] for the same effect. This is a monitored email account.

What's with the "lay down and take it" stance on grief?

Discussion in 'Anonymous feedback' started by PracticalMissionarySex, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Sehloiro

Sehloiro A Fallen Legend

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    They get unbanned, permaban is not permanent

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  2. R3DGL4R3

R3DGL4R3 THROWBACK and it isn't thursday. Administrator Forum Moderator +Spriter+

From a personal standpoint,my stance on this is the same as Adams.
    X starts beating you with a fire extinguisher and won't ditch despite you disarming and taking it from him?Beat him to death,take him to medbay,and leave him in RNGs hands.
    Or if your the CMO morphine them,slap them in a straightjacket,strap them to a table,threaten to rip their brain out,and when they piss themselves,cut them loose.
    You could always do that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. FluffySurvivor

FluffySurvivor Esword Master +Coder+

The problem is most people ahelp for petty assaults, imo admins should slap "IC issue, you are free to escalate" more often.

4. EMT321

EMT321 Head of Shitcurity

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    Fun fact: floor tiles are robust as fuck.

If you try and demonstrate GREYTIDE WORLDWIDE, i'm tossing 8 floor tiles at you, stealing your fucking shoes and backpack, and dumping your ass in medbay.

Seriously, just beat their ass. people will stop greytiding from a meta standpoint when they realize that you can push their shit in. Or when security throws the book at greytiders.

5. puremanbird

puremanbird Veteran Player

Security just needs to be on the ball. Someones assaulting people/breaking into places as a non antag? throw their ass in a cell. I hate when security lets people go after countless crimes merely because they dont have antag gear on them. Its not okay to greytide, it just adds to the confusion which causes deaths.

6. SkarneCanius

SkarneCanius Active Member

Speaking from experience, I've BEEN banned for "powergaming" its why i refuse to play sec anymore. Because even if someone put three rounds in my chest and is clearly intending to kill me, i still get banned for murdering him in self defence. Its why i dont play many authoritary roles. too easy for a freshmin to try to validate their role by making an example of me.

7. Adam El-Tablawy

Adam El-Tablawy Moderator Forum Moderator Veteran Player

make an admin complaint for that shit

that being said if you're a sec officer stuns > lethals, which is why using lethal force is sometimes frowned on, though not when someone tried to kill you.

8. SkarneCanius

Hell, adam, my last post (which you were a part of) was about this exact thing! I was chewed out and banned because a newmin was in a bad mood, and was told in these exact terms "You'll take their ic justice or deal with me" When i was the WARDEN doing my damn job. That was the straw that broke the camels back for me. If i get a head role (because preferences are still broken) i immediately change jobs, and i sleep the shift off if i'm in any way involved with sec. Because the admin REFUSE to aid sec, and in fact, at times outright hinder them. Three of my permabans. THREE. Were because i "Overescalated" as security. The admins IGNORED me being murdered, in favor of "You shouldnt kill waaah. *banhammer" Never accepting that, MAYBE, me murdering them in fear for my own life is ok.

Until the admin crack down on ALL forms of grief, or at LEAST start supporting security again, I wont be playing those roles. Its too risky. I've tried to be a good security officer and warden, i really did. and all i ever got was shit for it.

9. Mcree

Mcree Well-Known Member

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    Steam:
    Steam Member Profile
    Theyre not broken, no one wants them. If you low them, and dont get your high, youre getting the low head roll

10. SkarneCanius

None of them are set to Low. They're set to NEVER. As in, I NEVER want the roll for ANY reason. Hell, if i could ban myself from them i would, God knows just playing them legitimately has gotten me banned before anyways. Heck, If i knew how, i'd request a ban from all head/sec rolls "until further notice" Because theres no winning as them, The moment ONE person complains to the wrong admin (or the right admin on a bad day) Everything goes to shit.

For evidence ,i present the aforementioned incident in link form.

https://forums.yogstation.net/index.php?threads/mayhemsailor-skarnecanius.12324/

11. Slinky5890

Slinky5890 Primary Newmin Administrator Forum Moderator

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    Actually i can headban you if you want.

12. SkarneCanius

I'd appreciate a headban and ban from all sec roles. gotten too much crap for being "Shitcurity" and having been lynched by my workers as CE or tempbanned as HOS. and thats not even factoring in the bans.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Rhoemer

Rhoemer Its my Birthday! :3

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    One day a guy broke into brig in like the first 10 minutes of the round. he was shattering windows and rapidly disarming me(warden) and another officer inside the brig. I tased him and shove him into a cell for 10 minutes since there been help crys on the comm channel and i had other things to do(we been pretty low staffed).
    Admin bwoinks me why i put him into a cell.
    I tell him why.
    He is like "did you even try to talk to him?"
    I said no because i got no time and its pretty clear case
    "you cant brig someone without talking to him before and find out why he has done stuff" "also 10 minutes i way to long"
    i agree to release him and swag back to the cell
    he suicided after like 6 minutes
    i got noted

way to go

14. Lightning

Lightning Devious Mime Moderator Forum Moderator

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    lol mayham did this? i only see him temp ban you but seems harsh man.

15. SkarneCanius

No it was perm, changed by another admin into a tempban after a thorough chewing out by adam.

16. SkarneCanius

So can we continue this thread? I feel like it was getting some answers that we all need.

17. R3DGL4R3

R3DGL4R3 THROWBACK and it isn't thursday. Administrator Forum Moderator +Spriter+

I don't take grief from anyone unless it's within the bounds of our server rules :^) I'm well known for that.

Edit:Boy I'm typing like a drunk today.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  18. mitchs98

mitchs98 Member

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    Personally? I've bashed a dudes skull until crit/near crit helping someone out that was getting greytided, looted his weapons, and went on about my merry way. Never gotten a note. I did leave him in or near medbay, oddly not intentional, so maybe that was it? I dunno. Personally I think it's entirely fucking dumb to not allow people to properly fight back/escalate fights, no matter what job you are. You're human. If someone is firing lethal rounds at you, stabbing you, or generally trying to kick your shit in survival instincts will tell you 'OH FUCK I'M GONNA DIE, GET THE BITCH BEFORE HE GETS ME!'. Either through severe wounding or killing in self defense. Ya'all want medium roleplay? That's medium roleplay. It would be absolutely horrendous roleplay to get near stabbed to death by someone and just sit there and take it. Adminhelping should be for serious issues, such as metagaming, powergaming, and types of grief that actually matter. Being a random greytider, should not be priority for staff to deal with. Not saying they can't bwoink them, give them a note, maybe tell them to not be such a shitler. But it's not that big a deal. IC exists for a reason. Shithead McGee busting into your workplace, stealing everything, and tossing things at you? Dunk the nerd and shove him wounded down disposals/out into the hallway for someone else to deal with.

They had it coming, they should of expected it just how every single clown and mime should expect an assbeating if they antagonize crew. I'm not condoning wholesale grief/everyone murderboning each other over the slightest thing. However, IC, for the most part, should be kept to IC. Not hugboxed and constantly monitored for things staff dislike or that a certain player dislikes. Player says it not fair they were attacked after bashing someones bones in with a fire extinguisher? Kindly laugh at them advise against attacking them next time if they don't expect retaliation.

19. BritishGrace

BritishGrace Member

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    I forgot which specific member of staff stated it, but if someone is kicking you or harming you with the Harm Intent or for example chasing you, you are allowed to fight back in self defense, just not to the point of "Exaggerating" it.

If you're getting stabbed by someone and you disarm them and pick up their weapon, you have full right to stab them until they start running. If they don't start and keep on trying to attack you, do what you can to incapacitate them ( NOT KILL - Preferably) then get a security officer etc to you. If all else fails and they keep fighting till the death and they are killed, take them to genetics and inform security, who should be waiting outside for the cloning to be complete.

Apart from that, its mostly situational with self-defense but obviously if staff ticket you and ask whats happened, just explain from your Point of View and your overall intent. That usually solves the issues and explains it from your side.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. mitchs98

mitchs98 Member

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    Pretty much what I was trying to get across. Stab the guy/kick his ass until he fucks off. He comes back for more, give him more and rinse and repeat. They'll get the point eventually. Call Security if there is any, otherwise justice is in your hands as long as it's not taken to far/they ARE actually brought to genetics for cloning and not spaced/gibbed/etcetra.