1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please note that most notices can be dismissed permanently by clicking the "X" in the top right of the notices. If there is no X, it cannot be dismissed. This notice can be dismissed, try it out!!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guests may use the support tickets navigation tab to request help if they for whatever reason cannot register to the forums.

In your ticket, submit the forum username you have/want, the email you have/want, and the issue in clear detail.

In addition, when registering, ALWAYS ensure you register with your Byond key/name.

4. The forum rules have been updated and will now be enforced instead of the old set.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Server Status:

Server UP!!!
    byond://game.yogstation.net:4133

Server Stuck and need a reboot? Send an email to Yogstation13bot and the council will try and respond ASAP.
    Alternatively, email [email protected] for the same effect. This is a monitored email account.

Vote: lighting38088's admin abuse

Discussion in 'Council vote results' started by Yogstation13, May 2, 2017.

1. Lightning

Lightning Devious Mime

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    Can you two not start up shit with each other? Please and thank you.

2. YeOldeSheriff

YeOldeSheriff Administrator Forum Moderator

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    Steam:
    Steam Member Profile
    Am I missing something? The decision has been made, what's the whole debate about?

3. Stealthkibbler

Stealthkibbler Fluffier than Fluffysurvivor Veteran Player

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    it's a pretty shit decision tbh, they're giving him a slap on the wrist for breaking pretty much every rule you can as admin. This really isn't going to change anything honestly. The fact he did all this in the first place implies he couldn't care less about his responsibilities as staff and only cares about his own personal gain from it.

4. YeOldeSheriff

YeOldeSheriff Administrator Forum Moderator

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    Steam:
    Steam Member Profile
    As far as I can tell, as matsku has said, "all of this" where mistakes, incompetence. Mistakes can be fixed, nothing done was of substantial harm, and lightning seems to show genuine interest in improving.

This isn't to say that lightning does not have areas in which he really does need to improve, but he hardly was "breaking pretty much every rule," and I fail to see how this shows the he "couldn't care less"

Regardless, the council's decision was made, even if anyone disagrees, and increasing the punishment now, after a verdict has been reached would show incompetence on part of the council.

5. George99

George99 Well-Known Member

This is literally the exact opposite of what this entire section was created for.
    The council will make mistakes, it's inevitable. Reacting to constructive criticism shows competence, ignoring it shows lack of competence.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Shark-Sie

Shark-Sie Well-Known Member

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    Steam:
    Steam Member Profile
    This has not been constructive. It's been autists screeching about howbgiving the kid a chance is in their opinion bad and therefore objectively bad because they think it's bad and they know everything.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. George99

George99 Well-Known Member

I see none of this. Most of the posters so far have actually been quite behaved in comparison to other threads I've seen in the past.

8. Stealthkibbler

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    He tried to ban a player for killing him in-game, this is about as shit as you can get as an admin and no this wasn't 'incompetence' or an 'accident', you don't accidentally try to ban a player for killing you nor do you do it because you're incompetent, you do it out of abuse of your powers and knowing that you are doing it to choke-hold that person into a corner with your powers. As far as I'm concerned that person was noted over that incident because lightning couldn't even argue against the player he was trying to ban, but that note pretty much put a ticking time bomb on him if lightning wanted to 'punish' him again. This supposedly happened more than once.

You put a lot of emphasis on that he will 'improve' and that council seem to think all of this was happy little mistakes that will wash over eventually, but I remember when KMC was the youngest of the staff team and the worst 'mistakes' that ever came out of him was his events, the worst he ever did was events, but events have and will always be excusable in most scenarios because of the age old 'events dont always go the way you plan' attitude.

I doubt any of you who are defending him actually read Adams post on all the shit he did wrong, because if you did you wouldn't even think about protecting him.
    [​IMG]
    this can be found in his promotion app which was closed due to all the shit that was stirring on the Reddit about lightning.
    https://forums.yogstation.net/index.php?threads/lightning38088s-promotion-application.13510/page-2

Even Adam wanted him off the team, and in the time I was on staff I have never seen Adam just outright tell someone to get off the staff team. Lightning is the worst of the worst as it has come to be.

Also as an added bonus it's nice to see lightnings number one buttbuddy Shark-sie, formerly known as mcree is defending him by calling everyone autists like he always does whenever someone calls Lightning out on the forums or in OOC. Although this pretty much became apparent in his promotion thread after this post.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2017 at 10:59 PM
  9. Lightning

Lightning Devious Mime

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    what? i never tried to ban anyone for killing me? the worst thing i did was note someone because i thought something was invalid with them killing cultists, however adam brought it to my attention and i said to remove it since it was a mistake. Now adam is just adding/mixing shit with his opinions to make me look worse.

Good example is "nagging at admin to revive him" when literally i accidently messed up my first time as a scientist with making bombs for science and asked zos like once if i could be revive for the shitty mistake, when he said no i just went "awww" and just adminned for the remainder of the round.

Another is neglecting and mishandling tickets which is like 10-15 second delay on tickets because i was dealing with others? plus apparently saying REEEE in a ticket is "mishandling" them. Another is "lying to his face" is me going "what?" and i said oh yeah when he brought things up hell he even asked "if i look deeper in the logs will i find more of this" i just went "yeah, sorry" which is apparently lying?

Adam got what i did right for the most part however a lot of the shit he says for why i did them or a bit of what i did are him just adding his own opinion.

Last edited: May 18, 2017 at 11:03 PM
  10. Stealthkibbler

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    @Adam El-Tablawy

11. Lightning

Lightning Devious Mime

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    Great time for another "im right shut the fuck up lightning" speech from adam.

12. Shark-Sie

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    Steam:
    Steam Member Profile
    I called it autistic screeching because thats all its amounted to. We all know what hes done already. Adams said it over, and over. He shouted it at the council, he shouted it at me, you, your mom, and your moms dog. We all know, and yet here you all are throwing insults and screeching over a vote that was made by fully informed staff.

13. Stealthkibbler

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    That same 'informed staff' also went through with the decision to remove the powergame rule, have left the community to dwindle in their own mess on multiple occasions and are not exactly as reliable as you would believe.

Say what you will, Adam is still a more effective, reliable and unbiased staff member than you or anyone can hope to be.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Lightning

Lightning Devious Mime

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    kek

15. Stealthkibbler

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    Just because he called you out for being shit staff doesnt mean he's biased.

16. Shark-Sie

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    Steam:
    Steam Member Profile
    Adam Is pretty dead set on painting anyone he doesn't like in a bad light, and vice versa. He tried to make aphiel seem like a respectable person, and will never hesistste to publicly belittle lightning or I. He may be effective, but certainly not unbiased.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Lightning

Lightning Devious Mime

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    Never said against me.

18. Bekons

Bekons That one scientist Yog-Award Winner 2015 Veteran Player

Still.
    This is what I don't understand and no-one defending lighting has failed to answer one simple question.

How, is using aghost, antagcheck and tickets, and whatever else he could figure, any of the actions where you intentionally have to press buttons to do something. How is any of that "incompetence" or "a silly mistake".

How do you accidentally aghost to check antagonist.
    Using antagonist check round start for an advantage.

How are any of those actions not malicious?

You say this yourself.

Breaking any one of those things is a major thing, and for a MOD should put them on probation. But here you are, openly admiring that you broke multiple, simple and we'll established admin rules, and you don't understand what the fuss is about.

You try to play it off, as what you did was nothing major, while it is the exact opposite.

As great man once said
    "If an admin cannot follow the rules, how is he expected to enforce them" - Unknown.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Adam El-Tablawy

Adam El-Tablawy Moderator Forum Moderator Veteran Player

I publicly belittle everyone. I'm not a fan of what aph does on a regular basis.

I point out what people do wrong. People point out what I do wrong.

That's the end of it. I don't try to paint people I don't like in a bad light, or if I do, I don't do it with the intent of doing that.

If I don't like someone, I say why, and what they did, and why I don't like them. Then this makes people not like them. That's not the intent of what I do, it's just the end result.

If I was slandering someone, it would be different.

20. Adam El-Tablawy

Adam El-Tablawy Moderator Forum Moderator Veteran Player

Pathetic. Thank you for lying again.

If anyone bothers to look in the #admin discord, they will find quite clearly the entire conversation we had.

You were cremated as a cultist. Then, in the ticket, threatened to ban said person for cremating 'a cultist', before downgrading it to a note. You first said you didn't punish him in the ticket when I found the ticket, then I found the note, which means you lied twice over. You also deliberately masked that it was you who was cremated, because you knew it was against the admin rules.

Another was neglecting and mishandling tickets not because a '10-15 second delay on tickets because i was dealing with others'. No. That wasn't the case. Over and over I find in your tickets that you heal people prematurely or people whom shouldn't have been healed, fail to investigate or check attack logs appropriately, and on more than a few cases take tickets that directly involve you, yourself, rather than passing them on to another admin. Not 'was my death valid' type things where you're the antag and the guy was a target-handling things like 'Doctor mime killed me' and telling them it was valid...while you weren't an antag and killed them for something that, from what I gleaned from the logs, looked to be mostly invalid.

You fail to handle tickets appropriately, dish out incorrect ban reasons and times if you check the public banlist and your notes, et cetera.

As for the 'begging' thing, no. It wouldn't even be a thing-i can get 'god damn it that was not legit revive me', but you made the same mistake of opening a can of burning plasma in toxins twice in rounds side-by side, and asked for a revive repeatedly.

You also admin PM'd a doctor telling him to revive you, or more accurately, 'why did you not clone the guy in the morgue' etc etc. Which is, again, abuse of admin powers.

I pointed this out, with logs to back me up, repeatedly, in discord. You admitted to almost all of them. And now you're trying to save face?

If you had, just, for any single fucking moment, demonstrated that you have even the slightest amount of understanding what you did was wrong-a promise not to do it again, openly admitting that it happened, actually being sorry-then I wouldn't be pissed. As it is, you've gone out of your way to deny and deny and say 'well adam is just adding things in to make me look bad' or 'adam is being mean'.

Maybe, maybe, I could look past the admin abuse. Just maybe. If you had demonstrated any shred of competence as an administrator. At this point I would sooner take a fucking boot as an admin over you, because at least a goddamn boot would at the very least not abuse its powers. You are literally less competent as an administrator than a goddamn shoe.

You can't handle tickets, as demonstrated above.

You can't punish people effectively. You either ban the wrong person, ban for things that shouldn't be bannable, don't ban the person who should be banned, and above all fail to actually get the person to understand what they did wrong. It's like for you the result of someone breaking the rules is by default a ban, when a ban is fucking pointless if they don't understand what they did wrong. Bans are punishment, yes, that removes someone from the server for bad behavior-so you dish them out when the person either does the same thing a lot, does something very bad, or doesn't understand what they did wrong. You don't even do that much-you just dish out the ban where a simple explanation of why not to do it would have sufficed. Hell, even with the Mcree-drone-thing when I was online you failed to handle that much either-you couldn't even explain to him why not to do it. You just told him not to and that was the end of it.

You don't resolve situations appropriately, either.

And this is coming from what was previously the worst example of an administrator you could get, because i'm a rude, unprofessional asshole. You have managed to surpass me in that example, and go above and beyond the call of duty in being utterly incompetent. If you had devoted even half the effort you put in lying to cover your ass, abusing your powers and being an utter failure into actually administrating, you would be fantastic.

• Agree Agree x 1