1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please note that most notices can be dismissed permanently by clicking the "X" in the top right of the notices. If there is no X, it cannot be dismissed. This notice can be dismissed, try it out!!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guests may use the support tickets navigation tab to request help if they for whatever reason cannot register to the forums.

In your ticket, submit the forum username you have/want, the email you have/want, and the issue in clear detail.

In addition, when registering, ALWAYS ensure you register with your Byond key/name.

4. The forum rules have been updated and will now be enforced instead of the old set.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Server Status:

Server UP!!!
    byond://game.yogstation.net:4133

Server Stuck and need a reboot? Send an email to Yogstation13bot and the council will try and respond ASAP.
    Alternatively, email [email protected] for the same effect. This is a monitored email account.

Removal of the metashield: vote

Discussion in 'Council projects' started by GrayRachnid, Jul 31, 2016.

?

Remove the metashield

Poll closed Aug 5, 2016.
  1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    30.3%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Stop using black and white scenarios, grey area instead.

12 vote(s)
    36.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexandria404

Alexandria404 Moderator Forum Moderator Veteran Player

An example I see regularly is the sharp shooter double agent assistant with the caps ID that raids the armory playing king of the station while doing research and using traitor gear like he had done so forever as a non antag of course.
    Some people are just naturally gifted I guess.

2. Clarkeh

Clarkeh Cynthia Esquire Veteran Player

It sounds like the server has gone the way of Hippie Station. Griefer, meta/powergaming central.

3. Mcree

Mcree Well-Known Member

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    Steam:
    Steam Member Profile
    The metashield is important to conversion antags actually being viable. My vote would be no on this if I could vote, but it seems someone necroposted anyways

4. Alexandria404

Alexandria404 Moderator Forum Moderator Veteran Player

I`d say it`s not Hippie level when mods are online. You can have a nice round then.
    When no mods are online however people think the rules don`t apply at all. There is a small group of people who use this time to powergame/grief in a toxic and repetitive way I haven`t seen on Hippie.

5. Clarkeh

Clarkeh Cynthia Esquire Veteran Player

I see. Skimming the forums and reading the reform post by Hardy, what is actually going on? Has the playerbase crashed? What's the numbers at peak times?

6. matskuman5

matskuman5 Billy Mays Council Member Forum Admin +Coder+ Forum Moderator Veteran Player

This thread is ancient, we actually have some metashield guidelines you can read up on the rules.

7. matskuman5

matskuman5 Billy Mays Council Member Forum Admin +Coder+ Forum Moderator Veteran Player

8. AcidMind

AcidMind USSR Bear

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    Metashield is useless, use discord, skype or TS, even whatsapp to say who kileld you. no one will know, i love third-parties :V

9. Lightning

Lightning Devious Mime Moderator Forum Moderator

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    that's how you get banned, admins aren't stupid they'll question how you found you're dead friend in the end of space suddenly or you instantly knew who killed them and what weapons they had, or if you're simple how you knew who they killed or where they are.

10. Adam El-Tablawy

Adam El-Tablawy Moderator Forum Moderator Veteran Player

If that's the attitude you have I might as well feed you a ban.

11. GrayRachnid

GrayRachnid This is all I can do. Administrator Forum Moderator Yog-Award Winner 2015 Veteran Player

This was already applied months ago with the metashield table I put in the rules. If you have problems with the meta rules then make a new thread to discuss it. Also this thread is locked, please treat it as a locked thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.