1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please note that most notices can be dismissed permanently by clicking the "X" in the top right of the notices. If there is no X, it cannot be dismissed. This notice can be dismissed, try it out!!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guests may use the support tickets navigation tab to request help if they for whatever reason cannot register to the forums.

In your ticket, submit the forum username you have/want, the email you have/want, and the issue in clear detail.

In addition, when registering, ALWAYS ensure you register with your Byond key/name.

4. The forum rules have been updated and will now be enforced instead of the old set.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Server Status:

Server UP!!!
    byond://game.yogstation.net:4133

Server Stuck and need a reboot? Send an email to Yogstation13bot and the council will try and respond ASAP.
    Alternatively, email [email protected] for the same effect. This is a monitored email account.

Handled Nichlas0010 - frederick nippleburger

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Frederick Nippleburger, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Frederick Nippleburger

Frederick Nippleburger Member

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    BYOND Key:
    Frederick Nippleburger

BYOND key(s) of the admin(s) in question:
    Nichlas0010

Date & time of incident:
    ~8:00AM GMT+1

Round number:

Did he/she use his/her admin powers to gain an UNFAIR ADVANTAGE?
    No

Ban Appeal Link

Your version of events:
    It was a standard changeling traitor round and I was playing as a non antag tourist, promoted by the HoP (Niathel Hill) to "Medical Tourist" and then, after I made a large box and started to use it as my primary means of transportation, was promoted to "Medical-Tourist-Box". The issue occurred when I box walked my way to the HoP door, the lower one, which was emagged open. I watched the HoP throw a low potency banana peel infront of the door and then throw a piece of paper over it. At this time an iron, free golem (Iron Realgar) walks into the HoP room and slips on the banana peel. Like an asshole, I turn intent to grab and walk into him, pushing him onto the banana peel a few times and then move out of the way. He then starts to punch me a few times and I just hide in my box and say "Reeeeee". I push him onto the peel again and then the HoP's PDA explodes (at least I think it was the PDA, it was a small explosion). The iron golem then exclaims "HE A TRAITOR" and continues to punch me. I don't retaliate at all until I am redbarred where I pick up a toolbox, throw it at him and miss, then smack him with it. He then beats me into crit, where I say "I did nothing", but he picks up the toolbox and then beats me to death. I ahelp it at this point and am told that they're on it. I watch the golem drag me to medbay, loot my corpse, and leave me in front of genetics. Around this time I'm told that it's valid. I assume that the golem was mind slaved or something similar and tell Nichlas0010 to let me know how it's valid at round end. I wait until round end where I receive a response about a paragraph long detailing the events only from the golems side. I was never asked for my side of the story after I told the admin that the golem had killed me.

-- Administrator private message --
    -- Nichlas0010 -> Frederick Nippleburger: okay so, you were killed by the free golem because you "forced yourself" into the HoP�s office and a bomb went off at about the same time. We�re only declaring it valid because he did try to get you healed afterwards, to the point of having you by the cloning room before we had actually bwoinked him
    Click on the administrator's name to reply.

-I had never forced my way into the HoP office, in fact it's ironic the golem would say that as they were the one who tried to waltz in, but slipped on the banana peel.
    -A PDA bomb going off near someone does not make them valid to kill by security no less a non antagonist golem. Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure the golem was beating me up before the bomb even went off. (If someone could check the logs on that that would be great)
    -He may have brought me to medbay, but leaving a looted corpse outside of genetics with no active geneticists is not what I'd consider attempting to heal.

The reasons I am making this admin complaint are because I disagree with the admin's decision and I wasn't able to respond as they immediately closed the ticket and proc'd the round restart after sending out the paragraph PM.

Screenshots/logs:
    Logs of Note:

((The Attack Logs))
    That's Head of Personnel.
    Its access panel is smoking slightly.
    Niathel Hill has thrown the requisition form - #8992 (Bluespace Artillery Parts).
    Iron Realgar has punched Jimothy Sweatoh!
    Iron Realgar has weakened Jimothy Sweatoh!
    Iron Realgar tries to stuff Jimothy Sweatoh into the large cardboard box.
    Iron Realgar has kicked Jimothy Sweatoh!
    Iron Realgar has weakened Jimothy Sweatoh!
    Niathel Hill says, "WHO"
    Jimothy Sweatoh says, "Reeee"
    Iron Realgar has been hit by the banana peel.
    Iron Realgar has been hit by the requisition form - #8992 (Bluespace Artillery Parts).
    Iron Realgar has grabbed Niathel Hill passively!
    [Common] NTP #LL-0227 (Unknown) says, "Ai."
    [Common] NTP #LL-0227 (Unknown) says, "Open."
    [Common] NTP #LL-0227 (Unknown) says, "Now."
    Joey Hurley says, "Let me see him"
    [Common] NTP #LL-0227 (Unknown) says, "Law 2 and 1."
    Joey Hurley has pulled Niathel Hill from Iron Realgar's grip.
    Joey Hurley has grabbed Niathel Hill passively!
    [Common] NTP #LL-0227 (Unknown) says, "Fucking."
    Iron Realgar says, "HE A TRAITOR"
    [Common] NTP #LL-0227 (Unknown) says, "Hurry."
    [Common] Skeetul-Jat Tedrow (Assistant) asks, "Hey ppprichoner gooy'sss?"
    Jimothy Sweatoh has thrown the mechanical toolbox.
    [Common] Skeetul-Jat Tedrow (Assistant) says, "Waaant yoour oooooown' ssship?'."
    [Common] Huffie Nicholas (Station Engineer) says, "Help."
    Jimothy Sweatoh has robusted Iron Realgar in the chest with the mechanical toolbox!
    Jimothy Sweatoh cries.
    You crawl forward at the expense of some of your strength.
    Jimothy Sweatoh groans!
    Iron Realgar has robusted Jimothy Sweatoh in the head with the mechanical toolbox!
    Jimothy Sweatoh coughs!
    Iron Realgar has robusted Jimothy Sweatoh in the left leg with the mechanical toolbox!
    Iron Realgar has robusted Jimothy Sweatoh in the head with the mechanical toolbox!
    Jimothy Sweatoh groans!
    Jimothy Sweatoh painfully whispers, "I did nothing"
    Jimothy Sweatoh coughs!
    Jimothy Sweatoh groans!
    Iron Realgar has robusted Jimothy Sweatoh in the left arm with the mechanical toolbox!
    ... You can almost hear something ...
    Jimothy Sweatoh seizes up and falls limp, his eyes dead and lifeless...
    Jimothy Sweatoh has died at Central Primary Hallway.

((The Admin PM Paragraph))
    -- Administrator private message --
    -- Nichlas0010 -> Frederick Nippleburger: okay so, you were killed by the free golem because you "forced yourself" into the HoP�s office and a bomb went off at about the same time. We�re only declaring it valid because he did try to get you healed afterwards, to the point of having you by the cloning room before we had actually bwoinked him
    Click on the administrator's name to reply.

I have no idea how to upload the logs file I downloaded, as the forums give me an error message about the file type. If anyone knows how to fix that, let me know.

2. Nichlas0010

Nichlas0010 Makes unreliable life decisions Administrator Forum Moderator

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    So basically, this complaint is entirely valid. Instead of asking Frederick about what the golem said, I just accepted it as what happened. I'm not gonna try to excuse myself, this is entirely valid.

@Council Members Valid as can be

3. Slinky5890

Slinky5890 CUK MASTER 23 Council Member Forum Admin +Coder+ Forum Moderator

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    Yeah this does seem very valid to me. You should definitely know better than this by now- it's basically adminning 101 to look at both sides of the situation. I, for one, am up for a strike but i'll leave this up for a couple days to see if anyone has any convincing arguments against that.

4. Tiktacy

Tiktacy Ian's Best Buddy

I just wanted to say that this complaint is a perfect example of what an admin complaint should look like. Detailed, unaccusatory, easy to read, and respectful.

The response from the admin was fast, mature, and exactly what I'd like to see from an admin who understands they are in the wrong. Props to both sides.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Slinky5890

Slinky5890 CUK MASTER 23 Council Member Forum Admin +Coder+ Forum Moderator

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    I've applied the strike officially now. Not much to say as you clearly know what you did wrong here, and i trust you not to do so again.