1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please note that most notices can be dismissed permanently by clicking the "X" in the top right of the notices. If there is no X, it cannot be dismissed. This notice can be dismissed, try it out!!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guests may use the support tickets navigation tab to request help if they for whatever reason cannot register to the forums.

In your ticket, submit the forum username you have/want, the email you have/want, and the issue in clear detail.

In addition, when registering, ALWAYS ensure you register with your Byond key/name.

4. The forum rules have been updated and will now be enforced instead of the old set.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Server Status:

Server UP!!!
    byond://game.yogstation.net:4133

Server Stuck and need a reboot? Send an email to Yogstation13bot and the council will try and respond ASAP.
    Alternatively, email [email protected] for the same effect. This is a monitored email account.

Approved Menacingmanatee's admin application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by MenacingManatee, Apr 20, 2017.

1. MenacingManatee

MenacingManatee Moderator Forum Moderator

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    BYOND Key:
    MenacingManatee

Other BYOND Keys:
    N/A

IC Name:
    Micah Campbell

Do you understand how the admin team works?: Yes

What is your timezone?
    (UTC-6:00) Central Time (US/Canada)

What times are you usually on?
    It depends on my schedule and if I work the next day. If I worked a morning and work a morning again the next day, I would normally be on from 5-9, but if I don't work the next day I can be on as late as 4am or later.

How long have you played on Yogstation?
    About 5 months

How long have you played SS13, in general?
    Same as above

Have you been banned or jobbanned on this server before?
    I was banned once but it was a mistake, it was undone within a half hour.

Player notes
    2016-12-26 07:37:39
    Threw a slighty excessive grenade on the shuttle because he thought he got attacked. Admitted to it being an overreaction and promised it won't happen again.

2017-02-08 05:35:37
    +1 karma for being a critical piece in helping to figure out who was griefing when logs weren't working. Didn't PM him, i asked over ooc and he was the only one to say anything.

2017-03-19 03:03:18
    Permanently banned - Left as ai at/near round start, did not notify admins. Please explain why if you appeal on forums.

2017-03-31 10:26:11
    Accidently flooded plasma trying to clear the mixing tank, tried to fix it and was apologetic

Discord username + discriminator:
    kankri96#4664

Have you got a microphone and are willing to vocally communicate?:
    I have a microphone

If someone was griefed, how would you handle it?
    First things first I would need to determine if the assumed grief was validly caused by an antag or if it was a griefer. I would check antags first to ensure the griefing party was not an antag who may have an objective requiring the death of the griefed party. I would then PM both sides asking for their story, and if I deemed the grief to be invalid I would do my best to help get the griefed party back to where they were originally, possibly by healing. The griefing party would be noted, and depending on the scale of the grief and prior offenses, could receive a ban.

What does being an administrator mean to you?
    An admin is a player who, in order to make the server better, volunteers their time to help improve the experience of other players.

Prior admin experience?
    none

Do you frequent the forums?
    Yes

Do you have a GitHub account? If so, how often do you go on Yogstation GitHub?
    I get on the Github once every few days normally, minimum around once a week.

What makes you angry? Is there anything that ticks you off real fast?
    I don't get angry easily, but being blatantly ignored, especially if I'm only trying to help, does particularly irritate me.

What does authority mean to you?
    Authority is the privilege to give orders and expect obedience. An authority figure is expected to maintain order, and should be a trustworthy source of information and advice, as well as a person worthy of emulation.

Are you a leader or a follower?
    A leader

Do you get along with people?
    I get along well with most people, although like everyone I can get frustrated at times.

Are you a 'team' person or do you prefer individual work?
    I work well on a team and I do prefer teamwork, but I have no problems working alone.

Question #1
    READ ALL OF THIS. You are observing the round. You see a clown go to the chapel and slip the chaplain. The clown steals his bible which contains the nullrod, the holy water, and the soul stone. These are obviously valuable items, and the chaplain goes into hot pursuit for the items back. The chaplain has contacted security but got very little response back, theft is not a big issue to them at the moment. You as a ghost follow this situation as it could be destructive; you see the chaplain has caught up with the clown and has disarmed him and got his bible back, and is now beating the clown down with the nullrod. The clown, unable to get back up, enters crit. What do you do?

If the chaplain stops beating the clown once he enters crit and begins taking the clown to medbay, that will be the end of it as far as the chaplain is concerned. If this does not happen the first thing I do is check antags. Assuming neither is an antag, I will PM the chaplain asking him to stop beating the clown and take him to medbay. I will then PM the clown asking why he took the chaplains items, because while minor theft can fall under clowning around, the chaplains null rod and bible are very important to him, and can even make or break a round in gamemodes like cult.

Question #2
    READ ALL OF THIS. You observe the round. You head to toxins after you see a slightly familiar, bad name attaching bombs together one after the other. You observe and you spot him hiding bombs in closets all over the station. What do you do? Add the following: What proof do you get? Do you question him? Do you just ban him? How long for? What then?

The very first thing I do is check antags. If he is anything but traitor with hijack, I immediately freeze him, and depending on circumstance TP to admin prison, then begin questioning him. Assuming he does not have a valid excuse for the massive grief attempt, a permaban would be issued. I would then delete the bombs that had already been placed. If they had a valid reason to be causing trouble to the station, but not on that scale, such as trying to bomb their target's place of work, I would likely say that using bombs in this way is a little to extreme for the circumstance, remove the bombs, and note the interaction.

Answer these with 1-10 based on administration thinking.

Power: 5
    Power is necessary to moderate efficiently. Without the power to moderate any moderation is based on the honor code, and this is not always efficient.

Privilege: 1
    An admin is just a player who volunteers their time to help make the server a better place, admins are no different from the players they moderate.

Banning: 5
    Banning should ideally be a last resort, i used at all. However, there are situations with mass griefers and repeat offenders where other options are not available.

Helping: 10
    Is there anyone who hasn't rated this a 10? The entire purpose of an admin is to help make the server a better place to be on, through answering questions and responding to grief.

Bussing Events: 4
    Bussing events can be a good way to break up the monotony of some rounds, but buses can and do fail. As such any bussed events should be few and far between, and thought out.

Why do you want to be an admin?:
    I have played on this server for a while now, but at the times I tend to play, there is rarely more than 1 admin on, and there frequently isn't one at all. Because of this, I want to give back to the server and help as best as I can.

What issues do you think the server has, if any, and how would it benefit from you joining the team?
    The server is very low on active admins, and since I am often on at times when few admins are on, I think the server would benefit from my presence. I understand that I will play less after becoming an admin, and I'm fine with this, as its not uncommon for me to be too busy to play in a round, so I just observe and watch, sometimes joining ghost roles if I see one I like.

Do you have any other comments or questions you would like us to know?:
    N/A

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  2. Mcree

Mcree Well-Known Member

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    Steam:
    Steam Member Profile
    Froze question 2. Understands question 1. Props
    Your reasoning for wanting to be an admin is weak, I tend to want to downvote anyone who says "oh but look theres always nomins."
    However your IC name doesnt make me wanna hang myself, and if your notes ARE as clean as you want us to believe, you can have my vote.
    Until then neutral.

3. YeOldeSheriff

YeOldeSheriff Administrator Forum Moderator

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    Steam:
    Steam Member Profile
    This is the mindset that is, in my opinion, most crucial for administrators to develop.

I, and several other admins have been inactive as of late due to school, work, or other issues, and I certainly would welcome anyone to help relieve this strain.

For these two aforementioned reasons, I will be putting in my +2, in addition, Manatee is just in general one those regulars who I just enjoy seeing on.

Total:+2

4. Mcree

Mcree Well-Known Member

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    Steam:
    Steam Member Profile
    Techncially, no notes is an auto deny. Please fix their notes.

5. YeOldeSheriff

YeOldeSheriff Administrator Forum Moderator

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    Steam:
    Steam Member Profile
    I took the liberty of fixing the notes for Manatee, technically he still had them originally yet lacked the proper formatting we expect.

6. Mcree

Mcree Well-Known Member

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    Steam:
    Steam Member Profile
    Notes are squeaky. You've got my vote. But for future reference , if you apply for realmin, "we need more admins" is poor form.
    Total : +3

7. Alexandria404

Alexandria404 Moderator Forum Moderator Veteran Player

Sounds good to me.
    Clean notes, you played a lot and I have had positive experiences with you.
    One thing I want to pass on an admin told me, is that once you become an admin the time you can actually play decreases a lot.
    Especially when looking at the time you want to mod, where little to no mods are online but an extreme amount of players are, you will hardly get a chance to play in my experience.

+1,5
    Total: 4,5

8. Slinky5890

Slinky5890 Primary Newmin Administrator Forum Moderator

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    I've seen you around a bit, never once had a problem with you if memory serves. You're active enough on the forums for me to consider that any sort of problem, your notes and app are pretty good. I'll happily give my full +3

Total: 7.5

@Council Members we got an AO here

9. matskuman5

matskuman5 Billy Mays Council Member Forum Admin +Coder+ Forum Moderator Veteran Player

AO granted.

Everything said before. Good player, good notes, etc.

I'll give you 2,5 until I see you AO for a bit.

Total: 10

10. MenacingManatee

MenacingManatee Moderator Forum Moderator

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    Would you mind elaborating on this a little? Maybe there's something in my app I can clarify or something you think I need to work on?

11. Mcree

Mcree Well-Known Member

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    Steam:
    Steam Member Profile
    That guys permabanned from the server right now, and his vote has no reason, so it doesnt count. Dont feed the trolls

12. Reborned

Reborned I am a Leaf on the Wind, watch how I Soar Retired Admin Forum Moderator Veteran Player

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    Steam:
    Steam Member Profile
    Hey you are cool and all, have seen you around and was trying to contact ya regarding dis but you not respond on discurd :< but you do seem like someone who can help and are a regular

+1.5
    Total: 11.5

13. Zostroll

Zostroll Retired Admin Forum Moderator

From what I saw as you where AOing +1.5
    Total: +13

14. Lightning

Lightning Devious Mime Moderator Forum Moderator

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    Fuck yeah, I've always liked you and your app is pretty good. I'll enjoy you as a fellow moderator
    +1.5
    T: +14.5

15. BritishGrace

BritishGrace Member

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    You seem to be liked from staff and to know how to deal with issues. Hopefully you will be active too as staff

+1 from me :3

Total: 15.5

Enjoy.

16. matskuman5

matskuman5 Billy Mays Council Member Forum Admin +Coder+ Forum Moderator Veteran Player

This is now on hold.

17. Slovenian

Slovenian Hill Council Member Forum Admin +Coder+ Forum Moderator Veteran Player

Solid app, but as I'm not on when you are, I can't judge that part, so all in all, I'll give you 2 points.

Total: 17.5

18. R3DGL4R3

R3DGL4R3 THROWBACK and it isn't thursday. Administrator Forum Moderator +Spriter+

and R3D strikes the final nail in this bitch.

Not much more to be said that hasn't been said already soo +3

Total:20.5

19. matskuman5

Accepted.

Welcome to the team!