1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please note that most notices can be dismissed permanently by clicking the "X" in the top right of the notices. If there is no X, it cannot be dismissed. This notice can be dismissed, try it out!!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guests may use the support tickets navigation tab to request help if they for whatever reason cannot register to the forums.

In your ticket, submit the forum username you have/want, the email you have/want, and the issue in clear detail.

In addition, when registering, ALWAYS ensure you register with your Byond key/name.

4. The forum rules have been updated and will now be enforced instead of the old set.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Server Status:

Server UP!!!
    byond://game.yogstation.net:4133

Server Stuck and need a reboot? Send an email to Yogstation13bot and the council will try and respond ASAP.
    Alternatively, email [email protected] for the same effect. This is a monitored email account.

Requires Formatting Guide to making huge-ass bombs

Discussion in 'Guides' started by McDonald072, Jan 18, 2017.

1. McDonald072

McDonald072 I wonder how much you can fit into here Veteran Player

DISCLAIMER: Only do this if you have to for example hijack the shuttle, and get admin permission beforehand. It might be fun to erase 3/4ths of the station for you, but waiting half an hour while dead or stuck without a space suit isn't fun at all for everyone else.

1. Pray to admins they remove the bombcap. Exchange all your TC, sacrifice 3 newborns, donate 50 dollars, buy Xantam a new penguin suit, do whatever you can to convince the admins to raise the bombcap. If they don't, you might as well make normal boring maxcaps. (unless you are trying to impress people with theoretical tachyon-doppler array readouts)

2. Grab two plasma and one oxygen canister and mix them using the 3-connector contraption in the upper right of toxins. Don't open the valves or everyone will hate you.

3. Attach one of the canisters to burn chamber inlet. Wait a moment and ignite it. Wait till it's empty and attach it to the output. Wait for a couple seconds so it's filled full and detach it. Repeat for the remaining 2 canisters.

4. While canisters are getting hot, grab the two air pumps from telescience lab, and one pump from in front of atmospherics.

5. Grab two oxygen canisters from storage. Attach one to space cooler input and turn the pump on. DO NOT TURN OUTLET ON. Attach an air pump to the outlet. Wait until the oxygen outside is about as cold your ex's heart. (-250C) Turn outlet on and let it flow into the pump. Attach second oxygen canister to inlet. After it's done emptying, the air pump should be at about -170C. If it's not, get a third oxygen can and mess with it until the pump is -170C. Attach an air pump to inlet.

6. Grab a plasma canister and go back to toxins main room. In the center there is a couple connectors connected with a volume pump. Attach canister to the left one, an air pump to the right one and turn on the volume pump. Wait until all plasma is transferred to the pump. Move air pump to the left side of the heat exchanger and wrench it in.

7. By this time the 3 canisters of burn mix should be done heating. Attach them to the right side of the heat exchanger. Wait until the both sides equalize at about 10k-12k celsius.

8. While waiting, get yet another plasma can and fill a second air pump with plasma.

9. Almost there! Get a plasma and oxygen tank. Empty the oxygen tank using the pump attached to space cooler inlet, then fill it to 3039 kPa using the pump on the right. Fill the plasma tank with room-temp plasma to about 1000 kPa, then insert it into the hot plasma pump and fill it to 3039 kPa.

10. Take a triggering device of your choice, such as wrong pronouns, and attach it to a tank transfer valve along with both tanks. Then take the finished bomb to the testing range, or leave it in the part of the station you like the least if you're feeling particularly dank.

11. Blow it! If everything went correctly, the bomb should reach somewhat less than 20/40/80 (the bomb cap is 5/10/20), which, if placed in the bridge, will annihilate it and AI core, make most of the areas nearby unlivable without a space suit, and deal some damage to everything else, like crack windows in engineering and break armory walls (not that there will be anyone left to complain about it)

12. Experiment! Different amounts of plasma and temperatures of oxygen will create bigger or smaller explosions.

Sample bomb:
    [​IMG]
    (will update with some more info/formatting/pics when I can be assed to)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Tiktacy

Tiktacy Ian's Best Buddy

Get pictures for this by putting together a sandbox server, its really easy to do just ask admins how.

3. Shark-Sie

Shark-Sie Well-Known Member

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    Steam:
    Steam Member Profile
    Add more warnings. A LOT MORE WARNINGS. I know this is aimed at antags, but WARN WARN WARN. You dont want to be the end blame for "But this guide told me to do thus". I know its not a big problem for you, in the end, but prevention is best.

4. McDonald072

McDonald072 I wonder how much you can fit into here Veteran Player

I doubt any admin would raise the bomb cap for a nonantag. And if they're going to bomb the station to grief they might as well make small bombs with much less effort.

5. Shark-Sie

Shark-Sie Well-Known Member

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    Steam:
    Steam Member Profile
    Well its more warnings for like, tator is not excuse enough. Tator cant just bomb the station for shits. Hijack is the ONLY acceptable time. Or Syndies maybe, since nuking is the play anyways. You cant just station bomb as a sling, ya know

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. B1gb3ast

B1gb3ast Clop Veteran Player

step 1: Play chemist.
    Step 2: two large beakers, 50 diethlamine and iodine, 50 hydrogen and phosphorous in the other
    step 3: put it in a grenade assembly
    step 4: slightly under maxcap bomb that gibs.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Tiktacy

Tiktacy Ian's Best Buddy

Fun fact: All of that can be made in botany if you get some ethanol from chemistry, just tell them you need it to make your own diethylamine and they will probably give it to you.

8. Slovenian

Slovenian Hill Council Member Forum Admin +Coder+ Veteran Player

Bomb cap might not even be raised for antagonists as bigger boom = bigger load on server and sometimes it can get out of hand. Throw in pictures aswell and I'll approve it. For now, I'm throwing it in Guides section.

9. GrayRachnid

GrayRachnid This is all I can do. Retired Admin Forum Moderator Veteran Player Yog-Award Winner 2015

@McDonald072 If you can properly format this i'll be grateful :party:

10. Shalax

Shalax Member

Byond:
    Byond Member Profile
    Steam:
    Steam Member Profile
    8/10 my second bomb was half maxcap

11. Cortical_Borer

Cortical_Borer Succ Baby Veteran Player

Do a chaos dunk it's better

12. simonset55